This article will look at an example of configuring the "Safe Z" function in DrufelCNC.
The "Safe Z" function is required to raise the Z-axis to a safe position.
If you want the "Safe Z" function to work with the home sensor, be sure to configure the input port of the home sensors.
If you want the "Safe Z" function to work with the soft limit, then activate the soft limits.
In order to configure the "Safe Z" function, you must:
1. Go to the "Machine size" tab
2. Activate the direction of movement of the axis when the home function "to max" is running for the Z axis. Do not activate both functions "To max" and "To min" unnecessarily.
3. Set the search order to its original position. There is a special home order setting for this. With numbers, you indicate the order of execution. Set the Z-axis to 1. This is necessary so that the Z-axis always moves to the safe position when using the home function.
4. Set the speed of movement. For this there is a special setting "Speed, mm / min".
5. Save settings.
6. Press the button "Safe Z".
7. The Safe Z function raises the Z-axis to a safe position.